As winter comes closer we all start to slow down on our dieting and exercise which for some means a little more carbohydrate cravings in our diet.
Unfortunately this type of “yo-yo” dieting is not only bad for your waist line but also for our metabolism. As we know carbohydrate intake is the direct result of weight gain, fat distribution and insulin sensitivity.
So why put your body at risk just because of the change in seasons?
What I’ve done is put together some tips and pointers for you to minimise carbohydrate cravings no matter what time of the year and to keep you on track and healthy!
- Take Magnesium for muscle soreness but also control of insulin sensitivity. Perfect before bed to aid sleep and recovery.
- Glutamine for brain development and focus, have before meals to assist in the craving of sweet and carbohydrates.
- Take L-Carnitine amino acid helps with the transport of fats into the cell, which helps with fat loss.
- Flavour food with spices and sauces (watch sugar content)
- If you crave salty foods look to fish, spinach, sweet potato
- If you crave chocolate increase your zinc and magnesium intake
- If you crave sugar or bread look for water with citrus added or fruit
- If you crave lollies try bright coloured vegetables or garlic and onion
- Get adequate sleep, when our body is deprived of rest we go into survival mode and store most of our fat.
- Eat wholesome foods and bright vegetables and fruit.
- Decrease your stress, this is one of the biggest contributors to carb intake as chemicals naturally occurring in the brain that makes you feel good are also found in carbohydrates. Decrease stress and naturally give yourself a high through meditation, yoga, breathing techniques etc.
Using these 7 pointers you should be able to overcome the winter carbohydrate cravings and keep on track!
For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org